[SECC] Possible club call

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:31:07 -0400

Hi John, de Joe aa4nn

Thanks for explaning how you go about checking death certificates,
getting calls lined up, etc.

What it looks like to me is a CRAP SHOOT with the FCC as far as
trying for a specific callsign.  I can't believe the FCC does a random
selection on a callsign if more than one person applies for it on the
same day.  Who in their right mind would do this.  Through ULS a
person applies for a callsign and the request gets assigned an
application number, a long number.  Looks to me like the lowest
application number (the person who got there first) would get dibs
on the call sign.  This random selection just makes me want to
go into a small room and throw up.

73, de Joe  aa4nn
Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee