[SECC] SS UBN Report

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Thu, 4 May 2000 14:35:06 -0400

Re: other people's copying

1. A couple contests delete QSOs for BOTH stations if copied wrong.

2. A certain number of casual operators won't ask for repeats when
they should (can't copy accurately at 30-40 wpm). Not much of problem
for "5NN5" but significant for "435 Q K9AY 61 GA"
3. Sending problems do exist. For example, I am suspicious of the
inter-symbol spacing of computer-generated CW. Not just weighting,
I'd like a little more space between characters. In my call, it feels
like the "9" and the "A" run together (kinda like slurred speech).
This is the same in CT and Writelog.

73, Gary
K9AY

--