[SECC] SS UBN Report

John T. Laney, III K4BAI@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 15:24:21 -0700

Yes, it COULD be such a problem.  Once at NQ4I, we had RF feedback
problem on 80 such that the other stations couldn't even get our call
whether computer sent or not.  (The most common guess was NG4E.)
However, Jay did not have that problem in SS last year.  Neither did
W4AN and there were still a lot of guys who didn't get it right and
didn't ask for a repeat.  The only way I know to improve that is to slow
down the sending speed, but that may cost you QSOs.  Of course, you may
try varying speeds of the exchange to slow down only the parts that
people generally have trouble copying, but I'd prefer that all parts of
the exchange be sent at approximately the same speed.  An extra space
before or in a difficult part of the exchange may help.  73, John,
K4BAI.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com