[SECC] K9AY SSCW SO/QRP

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:00:20 -0500

K9AY SSCW claimed score:

675 QSOs and a Sweep of 80 mults = 108,000 points

Band    QSOs
 80      98
 40     163
 20     208
 15     122
 10      84

First time with the 2-radio setup. Used it mainly to S&P two bands
at once. S&P while CQing did not come naturally, but I wasn't getting
much action from my CQs anyway! With identical radios, I often used #2
as the "main" radio, e.g. all 80M and most 15M was on #2.

Did not feel loud at any time -- although I worked most guys easily on
one call with very few repeats, I could not get results from CQs. Had
only one decent run Sunday afternoon on 20M.

Highlights were getting VO1MP and VY1JA through monstrous pileups on
10M. VY1JA took a while (20 minutes). I monitored VO1MP on the 2nd
radio, occasionally jumping into the pile -- got him quickly after he
went split.

Got multiple QSOs with all the other "rare" sections. SFL was as rare
as any section since many big guns are now in WCF.

(2) ICOM 765
X9 at 65 ft.
40 rot. dipole at 75 ft.
80M delta loop
40-20-15 wire dipole at 35 ft.
Writelog and homebrew 2-radio controller

73, Gary
K9AY