[SECC] W4AN SS CW

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:55:15 -0500

Hello all:  I did some log analysis today.  I thought some of you might
be interested in it, but got discouraged when the analysis showed 25
hours (almost) instead of 24.  Oh well, I've done it, so here it is.

Hour    QSOs    2nd radio Qs    Mults     2nd radio Mult    Run Bands
S&P Bd
21Z    83            5                        43
5                        20                   10
First second radio QSO at 2116Z was KH6ND/KH5.  Loud signal.  Worked (I
hope) W1NRG.  He called me three times later.  K0DI/KP2 had a
rough/chirpy signal.  W8PIG almost threw me with my first check "00."

22Z    75            8                        17
5                        20                    10
Worked VY1JA on ten at 2206Z.  At 2259Z thought I worked my college
roommate K4QPL.  Turns out from a later QSO that he was actually working
WO4O.  I knew that Ric had moved in on my frequency and it must have
seemed clear to him as I could hear him only weakly.

23Z    89    18                               5
2                        20                       15
K6SB was another check "00."

00Z    77    17                                3
0                        20                       15
VO1GO called me.  AA6PW has a chirpy signal with parasitics near his
frequency.  I have heard this rig before.

01Z    68    18                                3
0                        20/40                   15/20
Worked only 1x1 call W1M in Maine.  VE9FX called on 40.
02Z    82    13                                3
1                        40                           20
K4IX/3 in Delaware was a multi op expedition for the contest by K4IX and
KT4P.  Unfortunately their signal on 20 is very rough.  K5KG called from
WCF for my first ever QSO with that new section.
03Z    80    3                                   3
1                        40/20                    20/80
KL7J called for first AK on 20.  W1AW also called on 20.  Their speed
was OK with me.
04Z    78
1
20/40                    20
KG6DFM also check 00.  KL7Y called in.
05Z    69
11
40                        20/80
VE1GN called in on 40.
06Z    73
13
40/80                    80
KH8/N5OLS called on 40.  K4QPL calls and says no QSO before, hi.  Began
80 M run.
07Z    47
11
80/40                    40/80
08Z    45
37
40                            80
09Z    3
2
40                            80

first break 0906 to 1207Z

12Z    47
10
40                            80
40 M was already short when I got back on.
13Z    49    12                                1
0                            40                            20
Last section when WB0O called on 40.
14Z    37
12
20                            40
Began run on 20 at 1422Z    W2RA/VY0 calls in.
15Z    41
13
20                           40/15
16Z    19
5
20/15                10/20
Ellen, W1YL, formerly of ARRL HQ called.  31 minutes off for lunch.
17Z    30
10
15/10/20            20/15
18Z    21
5
20/15                20/15
Off 1753 to 1824.
19Z    34
7
20/15                20/40
20Z    38
4
40/15/20            20/15
21Z    32
8
20/15/40        15/40/20
VO1MP called on 15.
22Z    25
6
20                    15
Off 2159 - 2232Z.
23Z    30
8
40                    15/20
00Z    29
5
40                    80/15/20
01Z    38
4
40                     80/20
Should have QRT at 0136Z
02Z    19
6
40                    80/20

1356 QSOs (only 1322 count).  Of the 1356, 228 were on the second radio.

Hope that is of interest to some.  Have a good week and get ready for
SSB SS next weekend.

Thanks the the following SECC members for QSOS:  In the order worked:
W4WA, K4SB, N8LM/4, AA4S, W4NTI, W4OC, WA4TT, K4OGG, NJ8J, N4UK, N4DU,
K9AY, K4WI.  Other GA stations worked (let's recruit them as new
members):  N4WD, AE4Y, W4BTZ. W4DU, W4KYW, W4AQL (N4QX was op), W4EGT,
W3NR, KW4E, W4QO, NM2L/4.

73, John, K4BAI.