[SECC] secc & fall contests

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 14:11:07 -0400

K9AY contest season plans...

QRP ARCI Fall QSO Party -- some SO2R practice
SS CW -- My first major SO2R attempt, probably QRP
ARRL 160 -- Major effort somewhere, home, guest op or multi?
Stew Perry -- full-time at a "fun" level of intensity
Jan. NAQP CW -- full-time
Jan. NAQP Phone -- full-time if needed for a SECC team
CQWW 160 CW -- full-time
Feb. Sprint CW -- full-time
ARRL DX CW -- Yes! After five years, I actually have an open
weekend for a DX contest. SO/LP or SO/QRP.

Most other contests will get a couple hours of operation.

I still need to change out the Ham III with a T2X, then add a
2nd element to make the 40M dipole into a beam.  Hope the WX is
nice for the next two weekends!

My UBN report from SS CW in '99 shows that about 2/3 of removed
QSOs were mis-copied check!  I'll be listening more carefully
this year.

73, Gary
K9AY