[SECC] Open House

Jay Pryor jpryor@arches.uga.edu
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 14:31:06 +0100

SECC Members,

I would like to get some reaction from club members regarding an idea to
hopefully help us get ready and fired up for the coming contest season.  I
am proposing that we establish "open house" weekends which would consist of
club members holding an open house of their station.  We would ask members
who are willing to volunteer dates for open houses (or open stations) on
Saturday mornings, or perhaps Sunday afternoons, and on those dates/times,
club members would be welcome to drop by and take a look at how the station
is set up.  For example, we might schedule an open house at K4OGG in
Atlanta on Saturday, September XX, from 9 a.m. to Noon.

I know that I learn much better by looking at an antenna set-up, switch
box, K9AY loop, etc., rather than by reading about it in a magazine or
book. It would be pretty interesting to have K9AY take a look and see if
the K9AY loop is built correctly!  We can schedule one open house each
month if there is enough interest and enough volunteers.

I will volunteer to go first if anyone is interested.  I hope that those
members who do not hold an open house would still visit the stations of
other members.

Let us hear from you.  What do you folks think of this?  Is it worth trying?

- Jay/K4OGG

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html
Search:                   http://www.contesting.com