[SECC] Open House

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:46:00 -0400

de Joe, aa4nn
I like that idea.  Lots to learn from others as I did when visiting
AA4S for CW WPX.  While I would welcome visitors, Lake Wylie,SC,
is a bit far north.  But I can travel south to see all those hot GA stas.
Would look forward to it.  Could make an official meeting of SECC.
All kinds of reasons to get together.
73, Joe Blackwell, aa4nn

Jay  writes:
> SECC Members,
>
> I would like to get some reaction from club members regarding an idea
> hopefully help us get ready and fired up for the coming contest season.
> am proposing that we establish "open house" weekends which would
> consist of club members holding an open house of their station.  We
would ask
> members who are willing to volunteer dates for open houses (or open
> stations) on Saturday mornings, or perhaps Sunday afternoons, and on
those
> dates/times, club members would be welcome to drop by and take a look
at how the
> station  is set up.  For example, we might schedule an open house at
K4OGG in
> Atlanta on Saturday, September XX, from 9 a.m. to Noon.

> I know that I learn much better by looking at an antenna set-up,
> switch
> box, K9AY loop, etc., rather than by reading about it in a magazine
> or
> book. It would be pretty interesting to have K9AY take a look and
> see if
> the K9AY loop is built correctly!  We can schedule one open house
> each
> month if there is enough interest and enough volunteers.
>
> I will volunteer to go first if anyone is interested.  I hope that
> those
> members who do not hold an open house would still visit the stations
> of
> other members.
>
> Let us hear from you.  What do you folks think of this?  Is it worth
> trying?
>
> - Jay/K4OGG
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/seccfaq.html