[SECC] NA-058 Demonstration Station

scottstraw@mindspring.com scottstraw@mindspring.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:33:00 -0400

Friends,

Please keep an ear open for my station on the air from St Simon's Island
and Jekyll Island, GA NA-058.  I will be there from Sunday to Friday with
the entire 7th grade class of Fellowship Christian Academy of Roswell,
GA.  They will be having a week of science and exploration.  I will be
trying to give an opportunity to transmit to as many student as are interested.

The exact schedule is uncertain, I'll post updates as I'm able.  If you
hear us, I'd appreciate postings to the national and international DX
clusters with a request for contacts.  We will be sending QSL cards, and
any received cards will be given to the students as souvenirs.

My station will be fairly modest, I have a KENWOOD TS-160S through a tuner
to a Hustler collection of resonators on a mag mount.  I will NOT be
mobile, however.  Look for us mainly at the low end of the General SSB
portions of 20,15, and if there appears to be activity, 10.  If there are
any after-dark opportunities we'll try 40 and 75 as well.

Any suggestions for improvements to the station set up are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
KB4KBS

--