[SECC] W4AN NAQP Tips for August

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:25:54 -0400 (EDT)

- 10 & 15 never die.   Matter of fact, 10 might just open late and never
be open during the day.  Keep sending people there.  I'll use 28.060 for
QSYs.

- Break the contest in to two pieces.  Day & night.  Take one hour of
offtime for each piece.  Take the first at or near the beginning of the
contest and the 2nd near or at the end.  People are most active near the
center of the contest, not the edges.

- Don't run out of bands.  Don't go to 40 too early.  If you are on 40M at
00Z CQing...  yikes.  You have half the contest left!!!

I remember one August NAQP when I had not worked Mass on a bunch of bands.
K5ZD called me the last hour of the contest on 160 and we moved through
all the bands.  I think he was loudest on 10M.

This is a really fun contest!

See ya'll this weekend.

Bill