[SECC] GQP Closed for logs

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:47:43 -0400

Yesterday was the deadline for logs for GQP.  84 were received, and possibly
one or two still in snail mail with good postmarks.
I think Neil has a couple of logs in hand also, but they were counted.  The
web page is updated, and labeled "final".
So with we might possibly hit 86-87 when all the mail arrives, which would
be a slight gain over last year.
The split of software to paper logs is about 50-50.  Most of the "heavy
hitters" are on software though.

I will be using the donated software of Bruce Lifter, WT4I, to morph the
logs into Cabrillo, check them, and produce the reports for feedback.
Bruce sells this software to contesters to analyze their individual efforts.
He makes it available to contest scorers as a generous gesture.

For now, it is off to about 5 islands for the US Islands award program QSO
party, and then to the scores.

73,
Mike, NE4S