FT1000MP S/N observation

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Dec 2001 17:53:30 -0500

Ken, FYI the S-meter in the FT1000MP is known to be quite inaccurate.  For
some anecdotal measurements, see
http://lists.contesting.com/_yaesu/1998-January/001591.html

The MP reflector is probably a better place to discuss this, but I believe
the (non-linear) s-meter errors in the MP are in the direction of minimizing
the differences that you thought you were observing.

GL/73,
Barry  N1EU