[SECC] ARRL 160 tomorrow

Allan & Bridget dxcc@dbtech.net
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:27:19 -0600

<<Simple, Bill -- Assume that everyone you hear can also hear you, even the
weakest stations.  Act like you are QRO with big antennas.  That's the key
to all successful QRP or antenna-limited contesting.>>

I believe Dean Straw once said, "If you think you're loud, you ARE loud."
This came to mind during a CQWW SSB weekend when our TS 940 decided to die
(the autopsy showed an acute lightning strike).  We ended up using a TS830
with soft finals, but for some reason was able to run JAs and keep the
frequency (using about 20 watts) on 20m.

I don't know how much I'll be able to operate in the contest this weekend.
I'll be single-op, and will probably be busy helping my better half with his
week-long plans. I'll try to at least get on and give the SECCers a Q...will
especially listen for AA4LR!  =)
73,
Bridget, KS4YT
PS...maybe a stupid question, but are we expected to keep to a rigid
bandplan for CW as well?  Haven't heard much about it on the CQ-Contest
reflector and wondered if we would be "dissed" for being above 1.840.  =)