[SECC] 2001 ARRL 160 M Test, K4BAI score

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 19:24:53 -0500

Hello all:  Thanks for the QSOs.  A FB effort.  WA4ILO was also on and
probably some other SECC members who haven't been mentioned yet.  Sorry
I didn't hear K0DQ.

Here is my score:  High Power and no antenna.  516 x 62 = 64,728.  My
goal had been 55,000, so that was surpassed.

Thought conditions were not as good this year as last, especially as far
as being able to hear DX here.  I didn't stay up past about 06Z each
day, so I missed the EU sunrise openings.  Impressed that K9AY worked DU
on 160.  I worked only US, VE, VP5DX, and ZF2NT and ZF2AH.  Doubt that
many missed those three.  I heard PY0FF with a fair signal, but didn't
take the time to try to work him.  I have little patience trying to work
him even on the higher bands.

Missed ME, NLI, NE, and most 6s (except ORG, SDG, and SJV) and many 7s.
Did work AZ, UT, MT, WWA (W7AWA with a terrific signal).  Canadians
worked were VY2ZMM, VE2OJ and VE2ZP, VE3s, and VE6JY.

Had fun and it was great to hear such good activity from our area and
our club particularly,

Hope to work all of those and more next weekend in ARRL 10 M from W4AN.
I expect to be on CW only.

73,

John, K4BAI.