[SECC] K4OGG 160M

Gary Breed gabnjb@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:55:28 -0500

Jay

Beyond theory, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that the "best"
antenna is
the one that launches the most signal into the aether, whatever the
wave angle.
In your case, the dipole may indeed play better overall than an
inverted-L with
a limited number of radials.  To go beyond what you have, you'd need
decide how much extra work a great 160M antenna will get you in terms
of
QSOs and multipliers in the ARRL DX contest.

73, Gary
K9AY

--------
> Here's a question for the SECC experts:  I couldn't tell much
difference
> between my inverted L and my CF dipole with the ends dropping down.
My
> next concern is ARRL-DX, so I guess conventional wisdom would say
the
> inverted L would be better for EU/DX, right?  However, the vertical
> portions of the dipole are the same as the vertical portion of the
L.  Any