[SECC] K4OGG 160M

R. A. Painter wo4o@juno.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:39:38 -0600

Jay, you gave this secret away for free?!  Seriously, though, this is so
true and it's application has been especially helpful in boosting the LP
scores in this contest for Wo4o. A simple, inexpensive sloper for 160-M @
Wo4o does better than expected most of the time.  (Hey, I realize it's
almost Christmas and a special time for giving but don't give too many of
our LP secrets away :-)

73, Ric - Wo4o

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:29:08 -0500 Jay Pryor <jpryor@ARCHES.UGA.EDU>
writes:
<snip>
> I think that 160M is an extremely important band for the ARRL-DX
contest.  There are a few stations who make the top ten box with no
> 160M QSOs, but stations that can put a decent signal on the air on that
band can pick up multipliers that can make a big difference in their
> score.  I  believe this is particularly true for low power stations
which are generally not as likely to have good antennas on the band.  All
good
> LP stations will get their share of QSOs on the high bands, so 160 can
mean the difference.  Also, we can actually have a little advantage over
> much of the country on 160, other than the NE, because of our ability
to work the folks who go to the Caribbean to operate the contest.
<snip>
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.