[SECC] SEDXC membership

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:45:32 -0500

Y'All,

In interest of joining SEDXC for the pooling of points for the 10M contest,
I just visited the SEDXC site.
There is a fee schedule for membership, basically $12 first year and $20
after.
Unless we can send scores in with out joining, I probably will pass on the
deal, as the 10M contest would be the only reason to join.
I know the fee is not excessive, but nonetheless, I don't need another club
to join.
I think their fees support some activities that SECC does not have, like
expeditions and such, and that is OK.
Also there is not any chatter on the SEDXC reflector about the contest.
Perhaps we should re-invite them to join SECC, it is free.
There are a lot of folks who are members of both clubs already

When I saw this I thought it good to get the point up for discussion before
the weekend.

With this wrinkle, I would vote to keep the scores for SECC, ask SEDXC to
join in if not already doing so.

Mike, NE4S