[SECC] Yeasu FT-1000MP

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an@CONTESTING.COM
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:32:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi Gordon,

I find 250hz filters too narrow for contesting.  Great for DXing and rag
chewing I suppose.  I do like lots of combinations.  The narrowest of
which is a pair of 400Hz Inrads in the last IF.  I find myself not using
this combination much of the time because it is too narrow also.

As for SSB...  I don't like anything more narrow than the stock filters.
I think it adds too much distortion to the signal.  Others swear by them
however.

I took the 500Hz filter that comes with the radio and used it for the
sub-receiver.

73

Bill