[SECC] Yeasu FT-1000MP Mods

n4uk@mindspring.com n4uk@mindspring.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:24:03 -0500

 Which mod are you suggesting not installing???? I installed the AGC Mod which changes the attack time constant and it made a dramatic difference when the AGC was in the fast position and I was handling a SSB pileup. Prior to making this change all SSB singals sounded equally looud no matter what the signal strength and I had a hell of a time picking out signals in a pileup. I believe the white noise mod has to do with the AF amplifier or IF amp stage and the hiss they emit that is clearly audible with no RF connected to the recieve side.
Ken, n4UK
\"Bill Fisher, W4AN\" <w4an@contesting.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, John Laney wrote:

> One is a \"white noise\" mod.  One is an AGC mod

I thought this was the same thing.  I suggest not installing this
modification BTW.