[SECC] Re: HELP!

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:10:25 +0000

Guys, I gave myself a little present for Christmas, a home-brew P4 at
1.4 Gigs. I used the Norton Ghost to clone the new 40 GB HD. Unit has
1 floppy, HD is partitioned into a 30 GB and a 10 GB, 52x CDROM, a
Liteon burner ( which is absolutely FANTASTIC! ) and a Iomega 100 Zip
drive on a USB port. Believe me, this thing hums.

However, I have this one small problem. IF the Zip drive is unplugged,
the computer displays A,C,D,E,F as the drives. But, with the Zip drive
connected, it displays A,C,D(with about 10 numbers as the name)E (
which is the 10 GB partition, F,G and H ( which is the zip drive
again!)

The original HD which cloned the new one operates normally.

Operation from either the fake ( for lack of a better word ) D and the
Zip Drive (H) is perfectly normal.

Am I correct in suspecting the Win 98SE registry? And if so, any tips
on editing it? I'm just about to the point of re formatting the whole
thing.

Happy new year to all Let's "getum" in 02

73
Ed