[SECC] New Members

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:22:57 -0500

Since the last records update in late November, we have added
** FIVE ** new members to the South East Contest Club!

W2JJC, John Chmielewski, joined Nov. 27 -- He is in Lugoff, SC
and once was known as N2BJX.  John lists several contests as his
favorites (all phone): SS, CQWW, ARRL 10M, ARRL DX, IARU, NAQP,
various QSO parties and has a (?) for Sprint.  Now we know where
to get an SC mult on phone!

KS4Q, Ernie Zingleman, is no stranger, but he finally joined SECC
in December -- Ernie puts Cumming, GA on the air for DXing, but
enjoys guest-op sessions and M/S and M/M efforts. He's a "regular"
at NQ4I.

KD3UC, Jeff Short, lives in Alpharetta but says he has no station.
Looks like another guest op, M/S and M/M participant.  Phone is his
thing and he list favorites as: SS, ARRL DX and CQWW.  Jeff moved
here recently from Delaware (don't worry, we won't miss a mult - he
didn't have a station there, either). His earlier call was KA3VCJ.

WB4SQ (formerly WB4SQQ), Gary McConville also signed up as a new
SECC member. Gary is in Roswell and wants to put his homebrew quad
to the test in NAQP, GaQP, QSO parties, JA DX, ARRL DX, ARRL 10M,
CQWW, WPX and IOTA contest, plus Field Day ("not an official
contest")

WA2MBP, Jim Nail, is in Marietta.  Says, Jim, "I purchased a Kenwood
TS-570DG radio and an R5 vertical last year.  I have aspirations of
the new C49XR from Force 12 at 90'" Jim is a Ga Tech grad and past
president of W4AQL. After a bunch of years out of serious contesting,
he's ready for SS, CQWW and ARRL DX (all both modes), plus Field Day.

These new members are all in the updated roster I just forwarded to
Mike NE4S to put on http://secc.contesting.com

73, Gary
K9AY
SECC Secretary