[SECC] KA9EKJ ARRL DX CW

Hoeft, Roger V rvhoeft@intergraph.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:33:18 -0600

Hey folks,

Sounds like everyone more or less survived the blow Friday afternoon.  I got
up from my desk around 1330 L , stretched my legs and peered out the window.
Low and behold there were "funny" looking clouds rolling through.  The
whoopee sirens started going off and that was that.

This was my first entry into a DX CW test so I didn't set any serious goals
for myself as I am vertically and metalurgically challenged.  Instead I
decided to take a leisurely stroll down the S & P lane.  Not a great number
of Qs for the amount of chair time I had, but great fun nonetheless.
Uncovered some quality Qs as well - T32, KH6 on 10, TZ6, and a few others.
Really enjoyed the low bands after the storms subsided and noise level went
down.

Here's the numbers - all wires.

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          7          21       5
      80         23          69      17
      40         82         246      34
      20        113         339      38
      15         78         234      33
      10         50         150      21
     TOTAL      353        1059     148      SCORE: 156,732

Sounds like K4NO defined a new "multi" category - SO2R/SF (sick family).
Way to multi-task, Greg!

73,

	Roger, KA9EKJ