[SECC] ARRL-DX

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:21:48 -0500

Something like this happened to me couple times, too.  Sent "QRL?" and
got a reply of "?" so I ID'd and got called for the first QSO of a run.

I guess there are plenty of casual ops who just want to S&P and don't
like to call CQ. (And I'd like to thank them for being in the 'test!)

Other times, however, I would call "QRL?" get no reply, call CQ and even
work a couple stations -- then some big gun comes back from his SO2R
QSO on another band and starts CQing right on top of me. I won most of
these frequency battles, several with help from the European stations
calling me.

73, Gary
K9AY