[SECC] W4WA NAQP CW

AB4RU@aol.com AB4RU@aol.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:37:18 EST

                              NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 13-Jan-01, 14-Jan-01

    Callsign Used : W4WA
         Operator : W4WA

         Category : SOLP (100 watts)

 Default Exchange : RON GA

             Name : RON HOOPER
          Address : 2953 HY 51 SOUTH
   City/State/Zip : LULA, GEORGIA 30554
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SECC Team 3

  160CW      119         119        117      38
   80CW      102         102        102      32
   40CW      102         102        101      35
   20CW      102         102        100      37
   15CW      102         102        102      40
   10CW       69          69         69        34

 Totals      596         596        591     216

  Score 127,656

Comments:

Hi SECC'ers,

Not much of an effort from here. I decided Thursday that I needed to build an
interface for my ICOM rig and do a SO2R effort. I went by Radio Shack on
Friday, picked up about 35 bucks worth of parts, 5 bucks worth of beer and
headed home to get started. I used ONE serial port to key the rig, send the
cw and control frequency read out. By 10 AM on Saturday I had a headache and
the interface working. However, the computer could not read the rigs
commands. The rig would respond to the computer so I was half duplex. I
started out trying to use the second rig but could not keep up with typing in
the frequencies. The program would ask for the frequency when I did a dupe
check on the second rig while sending with the run rig. I logged a few
contacts on the ICOM in the wrong band but was able to get it cleaned up. I
finally gave up trying to use the second rig. The problem with the interface
was that I needed a -12 volts and a +12 volts for the IC circuit. On Sunday
morning, I took a 9 v battery and soldered it in backwards to get the - 12
and the interface worked perfect. Wish I thought of that on Saturday!

I will be on in the NAQP SSB lurking in the distance on team 3 again. Lets
all use the same name like the Florida guys did. Any good name suggestions?

Ron