[SECC] NE4S NAQP SSB SO Score

Mike Condon mcondon@ibm.net
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:27:40 -0000

Call:NE4S
OP:NE4S
Hours:10.0
Category:SOLP

Exchange: MIKE GA

Name: Mike Condon
Address: 4641 Smoke Rise Lane
City/State/Zip: Marietta, GA, 30062
Country: US

Team/Club: SECC TEAM 2

Band:    QSOs    Mults
160        0        0
80       120       34
40       107       38
20       131       43
15        73       30
10        66       23

Total    497   x  168  = 83,496

Rig: FT-847
Antenna: Single G5RV wire
Software: WriteLog

That G5 just would NOT load on 160 no matter where I put the antenna to the
tuner.  I even tried the "tie the shield to the center and load it all"
trick with no RF out of any use.   As a result, no 160 mults.

Otherwise, the "one wire wonder" did it all for the other bands, and all
contacts were made using that single G5 hidden in my Oak trees.  I was
amazed to find I was able to park and run on 20/40/80.  The G5 was easily
out classed on 10/15 though, and I did spend too much time there.  Just
listening through the end showed that the last 1 1/2 hours are really
thinning out, and I was glad I got my ten hours in as early as possible.  My
time budget will be somewhat better "next time".

I heard scores over 400K for SO on 3830, a west coast station.

It was fun, and I was able to make up for a weak CW entry.

73, Mike, NE4S