[SECC] NAQP WB4SQ SOLP

Gary McConville wb4sq@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:03:46 -0800 (PST)

Second attempt to send this...

Nothing like a contest to find weaknesses... I know
why but it still ribs me how sometimes strong stations
have difficulty hearing me until I get through.  Then
they give me good reports.  The weakest stations (ones
I can barely hear) have no trouble.

 Spent too much time on 10 & 15M (between honeydos).
Most contest activity on 20 had moved onto 40 & 80M.
'Planned' breaks at 5PM & midnight...

 40M was most productive for me. 40M bazooka was too
directional N&S. One guy announced that I was his last
before QSYing, so I grabbed his spot.  Then 55 Q's in
20 min.  Q's too fast to type so had to revert to
paper & enter during breaks.  Then that blasted SW
muzak intruded.

 Dinnertime, baby brings me sushi for dinner.  mmm....

 No 80M antennna so used the bazooka but with high SWR
(only 20W NOT reflected) so had to keep xmsns short.
Long periods of noise on 80M.  Probably whenever the
central heat kicked in.

FT-102
Homebrew quad @ 30 ft. (10,15,20M),
40M bazooka dipole (40 & 80M)