[SECC] IARU

Allan & Bridget dxcc@dbtech.net
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:47:59 -0500

Well,
As they say about the best laid plans...

We didn't get to operate the entire 24 hours thanks to unexpected company
and a decision that we needed to be more than zombies the next day (had
expected company coming in around noon local time).  Like others have said,
the first few hours were spent working stateside, but things started opening
up nicely about the time company dropped in.  On top of that, I didn't feel
the best and we were having expected company the next morning, so we pulled
the plug around 9:00 UTC and left things as they were.  We didn't get on
40m, nor did we make as many CW Q's as we had planned.  In spite of all the
setbacks (both unexpected and self-imposed) we had fun and were glad to be
part of an antenna test for ZK1CG (who was testing antennas for a trip to
the North Cooks for CQWW) and some casual contesters who seemed to need AL
on 15m.  Here is our summary with about 16 hours operating time:

CLUB:  SECC
            Total QSOs        Points        Multipliers
20m:           432                1,236            52
15m            376                 964              42
10m               3                     3                 2

                811                    2,203            96

Total score:  211,488

I know that we DID work W4AN in the wee hours of the morning, but not sure
who else we worked from the SECC...I know we were a new state for several
from TN, GA, KY, and TX.  I haven't been on HF much lately (mainly been on
6m) so it was fun to clear the cobwebs out of the rig. Hope you guys had fun
as well...good to see the great scores coming in!
73,
Bridget, KS4YT