[SECC] NAQP Names

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:47:13 -0400

On 7/18/01 9:40 AM, Jay Pryor at jpryor@arches.uga.edu wrote:

>There was some discussion, following the FCG's "Chad" effort, about the
>SECC coming up with a name or names that would make the SECC stand out in
>the NAQP.  Is there any interest in doing that?  Florida's effort tied in
>nicely with what was going on the country at that time.  Does it make any
>sense for us to do something similar?  Suggestions of names or a name we
>would all use?

I had a lot of fun at the last NAQP Phone being "George in Georgia". (Of
course, it was inaugeration day, so I figured "Bill" was out and "George"
was in, and since "George W." is my real name....) Being alliterative, it
helped to get better copy on phone. I definitely had fewer repeats for
both name and state.

It wouldn't work so well on CW, I suppose.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901