[SECC] Re: W4 QSO Party ?

John Laney K4BAI@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:46:24 +0000

This has also been done before.  It was run by W4OMW and his club in NC
every year until he died.  Thing about it is that the states continued
to have their own QSO Parties....at least AL, FL, VA, and GA did.  There
also used to be a Rocky Mountain QSO Party (all 0 district I think) and
a Delta Division QSO Party and they weren't successful either.  This
year the LA QSO Party was run on the same weekend with the TX QSO Party
and at least the TX QSO Party was successful.  I think I only worked
W5WMU/M and one other LA station.  CT and MA have run their separate QSO
Parties on the same weekend for years, but each year I only work three
or four maximum from each state.

It would probably work better to have several states on the same weekend
but with separate QSO Parties.  The combinations have never worked very
well historically.  The 4-land was probably the most successful of the
combinations and it wasn't very popular.

73,

John K4BAI.