[SECC] Amps

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:11:20 -0400

On 6/23/01 6:52 AM, Ron Hooper at AB4RU@aol.com wrote:

>No it wasn't! Why does every electrical wholesale house including Home Depot
>and Lowes continue to sell it? If you look in the National Electrical Code,
>they have amp charts for the aluminum wire listed. Where did you get your
>information?

All the home-improvement rags I read always tell the same story -- you
can do the wiring yourself,if you have copper wiring, but leave aluminum
wiring to professionals. Aluminum requires special techniques which, if
not properly followed, can lead to failures and potential fires.

I wouldn't embrace aluminum wiring unless your house already has it.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901