[SECC] Dupes

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:34:24 -0500

On 3/5/01 10:00 AM, w4nti@mindspring.com at w4nti@mindspring.com wrote:

>If my puter says "DUPE" I don't log it.

You ought to.

You receive no penalty for having duplicates in your log, so long as they
are scored correctly.

However, it could be that the station trying to work you the second time
didn't feel he got confirmation the first time and didn't log you. If you
log the duplicate, you may not be penalised for the first entry, since
you have a subsequent contact.

--

The best advise for duplicates is to work them and log them and move on
-- particularly in a contest with a very short exchange. In Sweepstakes,

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901