[SECC] KS5M - Introduction

Gordon Macie gmacie@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:50:10 -0000

Hello to all SECC members,

     My name is Gordon Macie, KS5M. I have submitted my application to SECC
for membership. QTH is Suwanee..

I am looking forward to meeting some of the other members in person. Is
there a band / frequency where the group hangs out.

Are there any group activites / contests planned in the near future ??

I have the bug again after many years of inactivity on HF. I use to contest
quit a bit from my home call and from W4PRO in Virginia..
My favorite contest is SS.. With all the computer technolgy it looks like
the world has changed quit a bit... I would appreciate input on contest /
logging programs..

I just bought a ICOM 706MKIIG for the car. Nothing in the way of antennas at
home yet.. Subdivision restrictions but a couple of 80 foot trees nearby
with a rope and pully put up last weekend.

Some of my equipment with dust on it.

FT-726R (Yes , I also like VHF/UHF Contests)
FT-757GX
Alpha 78 ?(no tune, sad but I don't remember the model number.. It's been in
the closet / basement for years.)

DXing/Awards
5BDXCC

DXCC - about 300... should be a few on now that weren't when i retired the
station.

DXCC - CW

Gordon Macie
770 271-0400