[SECC] [Fwd: [WRTC2002 0024] WRTC 2002 FAQs #1]

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 07 May 2001 14:16:47 -0400

--------------39ADB605AC6E7330BBD0CEF3

Hello SECC:

See the message below about WRTC 2002 in Finland to see that SECC has
received recognition and the ability to vote on teams from the USA for
the competition next year.
This will not be like it was in the past...that a club named a team
captain and he named someone from outside the club as a partner.  There
is some kind of voting that the clubs do for teams from the USA and the
sponsoring organization takes this into consideration in naming the USA
teams.  More details have been provided, but I don't have them before me
at the moment.  Let's keep up with future publicity on this so we can
use our votes in the best way possible.  I am interested in going as a
competitor next year and I hope Bill, W4AN will be able to meet this
time schedule to make a decision about his participation.

I think two USA wildcard teams will be named at a later date after the
contest club nominees have been selected.

73,

John, K4BAI.

--------------39ADB605AC6E7330BBD0CEF3