[SECC] WRTC nominations

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:13:59 -0400

I have read all the info on the WRTC2002 Web site and see that the
selection procedure is indeed different from past events. In particular,
I'm not sure the East vs. West concept is any better than another method.

But, as long as the procedure is in place, I think our club should emphasize
its region when making our "East" nominations. We are best able to judge a
SE region's prospective contestant's ability in relation to geography,
propagation, activity, etc.

W4AN, K4BAI, K4UEE are certainly appropriate SE nominations. K1TO is an
"automatic" and doesn't need nomination. Others from this part of the
country
who might merit either nomination or selection as a partner include W4WA,
N2NL, W4PA and AA4NC. All have a record of repeated success at high levels
of competition.

For our "West" nominations, my list would start with N2IC and K6LL, who do
extremely well without being on the coast, with plenty more great ops from
W6 and W7 to consider.

I have not researched this list exhaustively!  I know there are some guys I
didn't think of.

Whadday'all think?

Gary, K9AY