[SECC] Fw: WRTC-2002 and Dayton

Gary Breed gary@noblepub.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:50:58 -0400

Also, the WRTC committee sent a reminder that defending chamions N5TJ and
K1TO are automatic participants...K9AY

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 2:18 AM
Subject: Vs: WRTC-2002 and Dayton

WRTC-2002 COST ELEMENTS

Hi Guys, good job on all fronts and glad to see that each invited club takes
this task seriously. We are also pleased to report that thing are moving
here
just fine and it all looks like a wonderful event is in making.

For those of you that may have not being involved in WRTC, please be
informed that the concept here is that once the team arrives in Finland on
Tuesday, the accomodations and food and and basically everything is
taken care by the WRTC-2002 until the departure morning, the following
Tuesday.. So it would not be a high economical burden.

We'd also understood that many very attractive airfares are offered from the
U.S.
while we have also negotiations underway with Finnair- our national carier -
get them as the "Official carrier for WRTC-2002" which arranegement may
produce some good deals out of NYC.

This is just for your information so that you can convince your candidates
not
to drop the ball because of the cost element. Some of your clubs may also be
in a position to help to make sure that your best people would be able to
come
and represent your country..

I have to apologize that we Finns did "beat out" the U.S last night on the
ice-hockey
but we are sure that you would do better in the "summer sports", such as
WRTC!

Rgds, Martti, OH2BH

PS: Gary, please free to copy this or any part of it to any reflector that
may take
the message out.