[SECC] WPX

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Mon, 28 May 2001 08:54:59 -0400

Home Projects prevented any effort at WPX, but I did make 6 contacts, all
with NQ4I.
So I think my score is 6Q's X 6PX = 36.  Not a personal high, but still
rewarding as help to Rick and the crew.

Interesting echo on NQ4I on 15M on Sat eve.  The ground wave was not strong,
the reflected wave was delayed by one or more baud.  Result was that the
echo filled in the spaces making the resulting signal a nearly continuous
tone, with confusing variations in strength.  I could copy the call some
times, but could not get much else.  Someone could do the math and find what
distance is implied by a delay of 1,2, 3 or 4 dot times at about 30 WPM.  It
could have been backscatter or a full circle.  It was not there on Sunday AM
when I did make a qso.  My qth is about 55 miles from Rick's.

Good luck to all who made the effort.

73, Mike, NE4S