[SECC] Activities Directors

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 18:51:29 -0500 (EST)

I would like to propose the addition of some new positions within our club
to help organize and drum up club participation.

The YCCC elected K1ZM a few years back for president and Jeff did a
bang-up job on organizing the troops for the DX contests.  Before Jeff,
they were from a lack of club participation and losing the FRC.  It wasn't
that the previous Pres was doing a bad job, it was that he probably didn't
have as much time as Jeff did to do the job.

When I moved to Atlanta I was REALLY impressive how much activity was
generated for the 160 contest from the SEDXC.  I believe the main reason
was a few key guys pushing the ball up the hill.

So I'm wondering what you all think about nominating activities directors
for the various contests we would like to support?

Activities directors would be the salesman for their contest.  They would
do what they could to get our membership on the air.  For example, the
NCCC asks members to commit a score before the SS each year.  K1ZM would
call members on the phone asking and pleading them to get on the air for
the good of the club.

Anyway, you get the idea...  I'll shut up and let you all talk.

73

Bill

PS: Put me down for the CW Sprint & CW NAQP