[SECC] Activities Directors

greg and leann richard k4no@home.com
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:26:52 -0600

Great idea Bill...

We need someone like  "Eric Straton, Rush Chariman" from the movie Animal
House.

FWIW..K4XS has an ad on www.eham.com to sell some Rohn 20/25/45 tower at
pretty good prices.  He's driving headed up from South Floridia on his way
to Virginia in a couple of weeks so he should cut right through SECC
country.  He can deliver.

I will try to forward the email to the reflector this evening.

No serious SS for me this weekend.  Alabama might be wide open so Dan, W4NTI
hit it hard and take home a prize.  I'll make an effort to get on and find
SECC folks.

If I were doing a serious effort, I'd start on 20.  From Alabama, we get
propagation into the W9, W8, W3, W2 and northern W4 areas.  I'd CQ like
crazy and let the mults find me if I had a "decent" set up.  There will be
enough guys going QRP this year in most sections that will call you.  VE1
and NNY have been some of the tougher mults in the past.  I'd check 10
meters before the start of the contest to see if someone in KP4/KP2 is
warming up.

GL

Greg K4NO