[SECC] Activities Directors

Gary Breed gabnjb@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:40:05 -0500

> Does someone have interest in analyzing our
> options?  Maybe present some what-if scenarios to the club so we can all
> evaluate what contest we want to go after?

----------
Since I volunteered to champion the 160 'tests....If the W8JI (W4AN)
score had been credited to SECC, our club would have been #3 Medium
Club in the 2000 ARRL 160 contest.  We have the members and stations
to win this one.

At the risk of stepping on toes, the time might be right to convince our
joint SECC/SEDXC members to move their score from the DX club
to SECC in January's CQ 160CW. Such a move could win that one, too.

W4AN has already noted that a Southeastern region Sprint team can be
a perennial powerhouse.  We can do the same with NAQP teams.

This list does not include so-called "major contests" -- SECC has had top
performances in SS, CQWW, ARRL DX and WPX.  But, there is no
clear perennial favorite -- some years SS gets everyone on, sometimes it's
CQWW Phone, sometimes its WPX.  I think we need to target a couple
each year for a club effort...

CQWW CW? - ARRL DX CW? PHONE? - WPX PHONE? CW?

Let us know!  Now, back to net...

73, Gary
K9AY
SECC Prez