[SECC] K4SB SSCW

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:23:57 +0000

Low power sucks!

Think age is really beginning to set in. And of course, Murphy struck
in an unusual manner. I control 4 Tailtwisters with a single control
box and somehow, I managed to switch the 10 and 20 labels...I began to
suspect trouble when I changed the direction and signals stayed the
same. That wide spaced 5 element 10 has a 55 db F/B at resonance and
believe me, it acts like it. Went late Sunday afternoon before
discovering that!

Best time was when I asked K9AY for a repeat of his section. Gotcha
Gary! Also, was nice working so many of the guys. Got 3 SC
contacts...special thanks to AA4NN for getting on after his tower
work. Also Joe who was really putting them out.

512 Qs
79 Sections ( MAR )
80896

New 40 rotateable dipole did very well. Skip was incrediably short on
all bands.
Couldn't work K4BAI on 40, but he called me on 20.

73
Ed the old