[SECC] SECC WRTC support!

MAllphin@aol.com MAllphin@aol.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:36:22 EST

Hi Gang,
    I am writing to the members of the SECC to ask for your help in
fundraising for WRTC 2002.
    Gary, K9AY, has sent several e-mails asking the various club members to
assist in the fund-raising effort and several of have responded.  Also, I
believe Gary will suggest soon that an additonal amount, now squirred away
for the old Ga QSO party fund, be donated to the WRTC.  For the committee, I
thank you.
    As the Fundraiser for the SE USA, I have contacted the contest clubs that
nominated operators for consideration in the original selection process. And
as you know, SECC has operators who will compete next July in Finland.
    For that reason, we believe that those clubs should be more willing to
support WRTC than others.  I am asking that each member consider supporting
the "Olympics of Amateur Radio Contesting" both with a check and your
attendence in Finland next July.  It is truly fun to rub elows (and bend a
few, too) with the best operators from around the world.
    We have a $100 gift threshhold that qualifies for a WRTC USA Supporter
tee-shirt.  This tee-shirt is different from the regular WRTC shirt and
identifies you as a US financial supporter.  When sending your check to Gary,
please include your shirt size.
     Again, thanks for your kind support.  CU in Finland?

73, Bob K4UEE
WRTC SE USA fundraiser