[SECC] club limit

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:34:37 -0500

On 11/9/01 7:57 PM, Courtney Judd - K4WI at k4jyo@frontiernet.net wrote:

>hi guys, I have been following the thread about participation and scores for
>SECC. I wish that I could add mine to it but I am outside the radius of the
>club by a small margin effectively eliminating me from giving my score on
>most contests to the SECC. Is this set in stone or can the club extend it's
>coverage? The answer is very important to me and probably several others out
>there in netherland. ??? 73's Cort

Cort,

While you may be outside the radius of the ARRL circle, the same
limitation doesn't apply (as far as I know) to CQ contests. So, any club
scores you submit for those contest would count.

However, on the whole, we encourage you to participate in any and every
contest. It's more important that we SECC members are on the air and
active.

So, don't let being outside the circle discourage you in any way.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901