[SECC] SECC Contests

Allan & Bridget dxcc@dbtech.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:48:32 -0600

Well, I seem to be jinxed.  I won't go into the long, sad history of
incidents that have occurred with each contest, but for now I've lost my
voice...it's bad enough that there is a voice contest this weekend, but the
little DX that has been heard in AL on 6m doesn't seem interested in
answering CW (they've all been on SSB).  On top of that, the Leonides shower
is this weekend and will divide our time even more.  I'll see if we can at
least get on a few hours...probably on 40m or 80m.   We are also a bit
handicapped in the radio department:  our 1000MP audio board appears to have
gone out and our TS 940 appears to have a problem with overheating (even on
receive), so we will have to make do with the FT 847 and have never really
liked using this radio on HF.

We have been listing the club in our logging, but don't usually submit our
scores to the 3830 group...I hope our scores have contributed at least some
to the SECC!

ASSUMING that nothing catastrophic happens here we will be on for the 160m
contests.  The quarter-wave vertical has been tweaked...now just need to put
some more beverages up...

Hope to hear you on this weekend as KV4T!
Bridget