[SECC] CW sending from CT or NA

n4uk@mindspring.com n4uk@mindspring.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:02:29 -0500

   I have a technical question for those of you who are using NA or CT to send CW from a parallel port. Is there a way to have the program key up the rig without relying on VOX and the transmission of a character first to do this? I built parallel interfaces long ago that send cw from LPT but rely on VOX. THis is not good for the TR relays especially when an antenna relay system, lockout relays, etc are used that add delay to when the amplifier relays are finally keyed up. This causes the RF relays to occasionally be hot keyed which will eventually lead to relay failure. I need to have the rig and all relays keyed first and THEN the CW to be sent a few milliseconds later. Is anyone doing it this way????
Ken , N4UK