[SECC] update from nq4i

Rick Dougherty NQ4I@compuserve.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:08:56 -0500

Hello all...almost recovered from cqww cw...hi...been working the past few
days on antenna projects...just built another of the infamous nq4i 5 el 15m
yagis...it will be part of the new 4 high stack at the new qth...been
working on the 3rd 3 el 40m yagi...and have done some work on the 2nd 80m
yagi...still abt 25% to go on it...i need aluminum tubing...anybody have a
scrap pile they want to rid them selves of??

The new qth update...the property has been surveyed and it came out to
12.75 acres...its about 450 ft wide and approx 1300 ft deep...runs north
and south...we will start cutting trees in about 2 weeks and clearing the
land...time table is to begin the foundation in Jan and the framing in
Feb...completion date is around june 20th....the first 4 towers will be in
place at the same time the foundation is poured...and I will start the 80m
tower in January...it should be up in 2 weeks after I start it...the
remaining towers at the present qth will come down after the wpx ssb test
in March...and I will imediately start building at the new qth...there is
no reason that 4 towers can't be up and most antennas operational by the
time the new qth is ready....phase II of the towers will start as soon as I
find more tower to install...

We will do multi-multi in ARRL cw and WPX SSB   ...that will be it for this
qth...I plan on having about 70% capability...for the season starting in
Oct next year...we will be competitive, but the second stations will not be
fully functional...thats about it from here...de Rick