[SECC] Fwd: ARLB044 IARU Administrative Council Calls for End to Morse Requirement

Sherman Banks (W4ATL) w4atl@arrl.net
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:25:25 -0400

I don't know...seems to me I heard a bunch of jerks on 20M SSB and 75M SSB
many years ago when we still had a 20 WPM requirement.  And I bet the 75M
jerks that QRM contesters passed the 13/20 WPM requirement.

What we should do now is stengthen the technical exam.  It has gotten easier
over the years.  Remember when you had to draw and explain how a transmitter
works as part of the test?  Now the questions and answers are given to you
before the test.  College would have been a lot easier had I known the
questions and answers before taking the exams!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-secc@contesting.com [mailto:owner-secc@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Bill Fisher W4AN
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 3:19 PM
To: Jay Pryor
Cc: SECC@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SECC] Fwd: ARLB044 IARU Administrative Council Calls for
End to Morse Requirement

Got yer ears on good buddy?

I predict that eventually what are now the ham radio SSB bands will slowly
transform themselves in to a 70s version of CB radio.  I've already seen
plenty of examples of this happening already.

I'm hoping that some of current ham population will realize the only place
to a real ham is on CW.

Well I can dream anyway.

Catch ya on the flip side.

10-4