[SECC] live and learn

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:48:06 -0400

Cort:  A good lesson for us all.  I usually save those things and notes
about confirmations of logs received.  But for NA Sprint CW in Feb 2001,
I had a pretty good score and sent in the log by e-mail.  N6TR never
received it and I can't find any proof I sent it except my own note that
I did it three days after the contest.  So, I was much more careful this
Sept.  This is particularly important when you are part of a team.  The
other team members count on you to get your score to the sponsors and to
identify the team properly.

Incidentally, this is a good time to remind everyone that some of the
Cabrillo formats for some contests do not prompt you to identify your
section or category or what team or club affiliation you are claiming.
You must add this and I am not sure how to add this to get the log
checking software to recognize it.  This is particularly true of CQ WPX
for the Tribander/single element category, etc.  Within the past year, I
have had to advise ARRL and CQ both of errors in the logs received
postings that I attribute to the Cabrillo files I am using not being set
up properly.  I hope the program authors will correct this in future
versions.

Sorry for your loss Cort.  73, John, K4BAI.