[SECC] SS is coming up

Bill Coleman aa4lr@arrl.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:38:25 -0400

On 10/18/01 2:26 PM, Gary Breed at gabnjb@earthlink.net wrote:

>I know many of you are getting ready for CQWW SSB, but it's only one more
>week until Sweepstakes CW!

Yes, but given all the spousal capital one burns for CQWW SSB, it's hard
to mount an all-out effort for SS CW.

>I am completely undecided on my entry class.  Although I won the SE
>Division operating QRP the past two years, I only finished 9th and 11th
>overall. I am trying to decide whether to get psyched for a better QRP
>finish, or try LP or HP for variety.

What?! And give up defending your SE Division QRP title?

>What are other SECC members planning for SSCW?

I'm planning to grab a few hours here and there, mainly trying to
concentrate on being "fresh meat" Sunday afternoon. I hope to get 10
hours operating in.

As it stands, the first weekend of November is filled with a half-dozen
things I ought to do, including SS CW. Alas, I can't do all of them....

SS SSB, however, is another matter. We're gonna see what the new antenna
installation can do....

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901