[SECC] SS is coming up

John Laney k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:04:55 -0400

Hi Gary:

I plan to do SOAB HP (SO2R) as guest op at W4AN again this year for ARRL
SS CW.  Hope you do well this year too.

In the end, the top scores in each category nationally are usually
determined by a very small difference in QSO totals.  Every top station
on CW feels that he runs out of new QSOs to make on Sunday afternoon and
evening.  This includes SO2R stations, although the second radio makes
it a bit less boring.

I am told that W5WMU is very successful in getting local Louisiana
stations to get on the air that weekend and work him (or his guest
operator, which has been N6TR in recent years).  It is a shame that
other clubs/groups do not do the same.  I am not suggesting that anyone
should get on the air and work only SECC members, but it would be nice
if everyone would get on and work every SECC member he can hear and
others as well, to the extent that time permits.  This could be fun for
the casual operator and quite rewarding for the guys who are going "all
out."  Louisiana should not be more successful in such efforts than the
Ga/Al/SC/NC/Tn area.

So, how about everyone joining in the fun for both SS contests this year
to the extent that time permits?  73, John, K4BAI.