[SECC] GQP 2001 Results

Michael Condon mcondon@attglobal.net
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:39:31 -0400

Yep,
It is done, and the GQP results are on the new page.  See
http://gqp.contesting.com for new layout and results for this year and prior
two years. That was done a couple weeks ago, and a note was sent out.  I
think I said we could release the "P" and certificate guys then.
The only residual for me is a few requests for mailed results, and getting
about $20 in donations received to Nancy for the treasury.  I also want to
spiff up the new site, and remove most of the duplicated material from the
SECC site regarding GQP.  I have had a couple of queries about GQP links on
the web, and have put out the new URL.  I will probably go through a more
serious effort later this year, early next, to get a lot of links on other
sites fixed, and even solicit link listings for GQP.
I also promised to make a GQP logging program for use next time.  That was
not an idle threat; my Rover logger is just now going out to a few hardy
folks for "Beta" now.  Rover/GQP will be a subset of Rover.
I have also put together a listing of recommendations, ruminations, and even
funny comments about changes to GQP.  After adding my observations, I will
forward it all to the club officers for possible use in a round of work and
discussion on changes for GQP.   (That email reminder note like CQP did is a
lay-up from the current DB)
But, all that is follow up work.  Some of that work will have to be handed
off to a new web tender next year, as I must opt out after March next year.
So onward and upward.

73, Mike, NE4S